Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm a Quotes Person


"Runners just do it. They run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first."
–-Unknown

"I had as many doubts as anyone else. Standing on the starting line, we're all cowards."
-Alberto Salazar, three-time winner of the NYC marathon

"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open."
--Nike

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."
-- George Sheehan

"Anybody running beats anybody walking, and anybody walking beats anybody sitting."
--Tom Bunk

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up."
–-Dean Karnazes

"There is no time to think about how much I hurt; there is only time to run."
--Ben Logsdon
"Relish the bad training runs. Without them it's difficult to recognize, much less appreciate, the good ones."
-Pat Teske

"Tears streamed down my face as I crossed the finish line. I was a new person, a runner."
-Thomas King

"Love yourself, for who and what you are; protect your dream and develop your talent to the fullest extent."
-Joan Benoit Samuelson

"I run because I used to be envious of people that could run, and now I am that person."
-Kendra Thompson

Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good and then work hard to get better.
-Paul Coffey

"I'm very determined and stubborn. There's a desire in me that makes me want to do more and more, and to do it right. Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it."
-Mary Lou Retton

"You can't become a winner overnight, or even in a couple of years-it takes time...You will lose races and you will have to accept that, learn from it and believe that you'll win the next one, knowing that you'll probably lose that as well. All the time you have to keep believing that one day you will win."
- Paula Radcliffe


"Who says you can't run away from your problems?"

"Yesterday you said tomorrow."

"Someone who is busier than you is running right now."

"The only one who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen."

"Training is the opposite of hoping."


"Just do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment