Thursday, August 19, 2010

Projects Galore!



Hello!  It's been awhile since I've posted, but I assure you I have not been slack with my projects list.  In fact, I have a few more items that I have added to that list, but I will have to post on those another time.  This is just a preview post; or more accurately, it's a show-off post.  I am nearly complete with the oak dresser mentioned in my last post; it just needs a little more distressing.  Here is a before and semi-after picture:

Before.

Semi-After.  It still needs more distressing, but I'm loving the look of it.
Check out the hardware.  I actually hated them at first and was going to replace them, but the more I worked with the dresser the more I slowly began to appreciate the beauty of the patina and the shapes of the handles; you can't find hardware like this anymore:




I'll post another picture of the dresser once I'm completely finished.

I was also able to work on a small project for a friend.  I took an old bedside table and proceeded to paint, distress, and glaze it.  This was my first glazing project and I really like the look of it.  However, in hind-sight, I think I should have used a darker glaze.  I can't decide if the mocha color I used gives it character or just makes it look dirty.  I'll definitely try glazing again, but I'll be a bit more selective on the coloring.

Bedside Table Before

After.  It was immediately put to good use.

Another after pic.
It's hard to pick up on the distressing with the pictures, but it really turned out lovely.

So, there you have it!  Proof that I have not been neglecting my list.  Oh, and for good measure, here are the new items I added to it:

- re-purposing a dresser into a changing table (for my sis, not me!)
- making curtains for my nephew's nursery

I'll post pictures as soon as I've completed them.  Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment